“Shadows & Puppets”
– A four hours workshop for ages 6 and above, to explore shadow theatre and puppetry, including making your own puppet!.
– The session will be divided in two blocks: one focussed in exploring shadow theatre, and the other one will be focussed in puppet making.
– The perfect workshop to let your creativity flow or to bond with a younger member of your whānau.
– Maximum of 15 students per course total.
– All materials included. BYO torch!
Contact us for a quote 😉
Participants will explore shadow theatre and will discover the magic of this unique and ancient art form.
You will make, play and perform beautiful shadow puppets, with the use of overhead projectors, torches and various types of screens.
All the materials required for this course are included. From screens, the use of overhead projectors and torches, to paper, card and necessary materials for the shadow puppets. This workshop can be designed around your requirements, in regards to time and space available.
Ana Lorite is a professional puppeteer and a registered teacher in NZ.
Ana graduated from the London School of Puppetry (U.K.) , and also has a Diploma in Drama (Spain). Sergio Aguilar will assist Ana and participants. He is a professional circus artist. They both form Naranjarte.
“I think nobody like the children to value the work and the effectiveness of teaching English with puppets, so I talk about the work of Ana Lorite through the mouths of my two children:
” I want Ana to always be my teacher “.
I have never seen children as excited about an activity as when they arrived home after having a class with her. It may seem excessively flattering, but it has made the combination of children-English and puppets have a winning result with the little ones and that learning the language for them is something charged with illusion and fantasy. “
Lola Delgado and her children S. Y M. – Mother of students of the Montserrat FUHEM School in Madrid, Spain.